- Leader(s): Cristina Fischer, Anna Sorensen
- Contact email: Cristina Fischer, Anna Sorensen
“Before becoming a physician, aim to be a human, so as to see a whole human being in a patient and their loved ones.” – Dr. Jigar Joshi, UW Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellow
We envision that all future physicians have the confidence and skills to work in an interdisciplinary team to relieve the suffering of patients facing serious or life-threatening illness
- Raise awareness of palliative care as a specialty and as a skill that all physicians can learn and apply to their field of practice.
- Provide opportunities to gain communication skills for connecting with patients’ beliefs, values and goals for medical care.
- Offer education on advance care planning.
- Expose students to interdisciplinary approaches to patient care.
Check out more information about PalliSIG here.