- Leader(s): Laura Miller, Mackenzie Carlson, Elise Cowley, Samantha Miller
- Contact email: Laura Miller, Mackenzie Carlson, Elise Cowley, Samantha Miller
- Listserv Information: Send email to join
Medical Students for Choice (MSFC) is dedicated to ensuring that women receive the full range of reproductive healthcare choices. MSFC recognizes that one of the greatest obstacles to safe and legal abortion is the absence of trained providers. As medical students, we work to make reproductive health care, including abortion, a part of standard medical education and residency training. More specifically, these are our goals:
- to build a network of support and resources for the medical students and residents who are working to become tomorrow’s abortion providers.
- to reform medical school curricula and training to include abortion and reproductive health as a standard part of medical education
- to increase education and training opportunities for medical students and residents in abortion and reproductive health
- to educate students, the public, and policymakers in medicine and government in order to raise awareness of the vital need for abortion training