- Leader(s): Natanya Russek, Ryan Haggart, and Erin Curtis
- Contact email: Natanya Russek, Ryan Haggart, and Erin Curtis
- Listserv Information: Send email to join
Established in 1990, MEDiC is a student-run program of the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health and is comprised of seven health clinics throughout Madison. MEDiC’s goals are twofold: first, to improve the health of the underserved in the Madison area and second, to educate University of Wisconsin-Madison health professions students.
The seven clinics provide a variety of services, including general medical care, physical therapy, dentistry, and mental health care.
- Grace Clinic is held at 7:45pm on Tuesdays at the Porchlight Men’s Shelter in the Grace Episcopal Church on the Capitol Square.
- Salvation Army Clinic provides care to residents of the Salvation Army Family and Women’s Shelter on Tuesday nights starting at 6:40pm.
- Michele Tracy Preventative Health Clinic occurs one Tuesday evening each month and provides specific programs aimed at improving the health status of residents of Porchlight’s North Brooks Street housing facility.
- Safe Haven Mental Health Clinic operates every other Wednesday starting at 6:30pm at Porchlight’s facility on Nakoosa Trail.
- Center for Families Pediatric Clinic serves clients of the Center for Families on the third Wednesday of every month.
- Madison Dental Initiative offers dental services to Dane County residents and operates on Thursday nights out of the Salvation Army Family and Women’s Shelter.
- South Side Clinic is the MEDiC’s only walk-in clinic and opens at 8am every Saturday out of the Access Community Health Center on Park Street.
- MEDiC’s Clinics also feature specialty clinics such as Physical Therapy, Flu Shot Clinics, and Dermatology.
- MEDiC also holds Health Talks, an opportunity for students to educate women recovering from addiction at two ARC locations on a variety of health topics.
MEDiC Volunteers must attend an Orientation Session before they can begin volunteering. MEDiC holds two volunteer sessions each year: the first in June and the second at the beginning of the academic year, in September. You should receive an e-mail a few weeks before each orientation.
Questions? Contact anyone on MEDIC Council or e-mail us.
2017 MEDiC Council Leadership
|Erin Curtis||Vice President – Finance|
|Ryan Haggart||Vice President – Development|
|Soibhan Kelley||Quality and Supply Manager|
|Brittany Anderson||Public Relations|
|Vincent Borkowski||Data Project/EMR Coordinator|
|Jeanne Tong||Safe Haven Clinic Coordinator|
|Kyle Rourke||Grace Clinic Coordinator|
|August Kunkel||Grace Clinic Coordinator|
|Mireya Taboada||Southside Clinic Coordinator|
|Lizeth Garcia-Jennings||Southside Clinic Coordinator|
|Emma Gill||Southside Intake Coordinator|
|Gabrielle Quiggle||Southside Intake Coordinator|
|Lily Turner||Salvation Army Clinic Coordinator|
|Nina Mirabadi||Salvation Army Clinic Coordinator|
|Ross Gilbert||Michele Tracy Clinic Coordinator|
|Colin Harari||Michele Tracy Clinic Coordinator|
|Nnenna Ezeh||CFF Clinic Coordinator|
|Bailee Stark||Community Resources/ROR (ROR not assigned yet)|
|Connie Wu||Community Resources|
|Ari Stone||Referrals Coordinator|
|Tanya Haasbeek||Referrals Coordinator|
|Bryce de Venecia||Referrals Coordinator|
|Jenn Mirrielees||Referrals Coordinator|
|Joseph L’Huillier||Clinician Scheduler|
|Alberto Perez||Student Scheduler|
|Meghan Martin||Drug Supply Coordinator – Safe Haven|
|Musetta Steinbach||Drug Supply Coordinator – Southside|
|Melissa Kerhin||Drug Supply Coordinator – Salvation Army|
|Nicole Haebig||Drug Supply Coordinator – CFF, Grace|
|Kate Berlin||Pharmacy Liaison|
|Amanda Schmoeger||Nursing Education Lead|
|Emily Menting||Nursing Scheduling Lead|
|Kelsey Henriquez||PA Coordinator|
|Chris Mackay||Southside PT Coordinator|
|Lauren Callin||Southside PT Coordinator|
|Kylie Reese||Salvation Army/Grace PT Coordinator|
|Olivia Westhoff||Salvation Army/Grace PT Coordinator|
|Mitch Phillips||PT Coordinator|