Click on the following links to get more information:
Mindfulness and Yoga
Mindfulness at the HSLC: Simple instructions are offered that are compatible with any spiritual background. Take a moment to cultivate stillness and connect with your classmates during a busy week. Meets Wednesdays at noon in the Wellness Lounge (HSLC 2270).. All are welcome. Questions can be sent to Leo Dreyfuss at [email protected]
WISE Yoga: Stretch out and release that tension with a certified yoga instructor. Meets Mondays from 12-1 pm in the Wellness Lounge (HSLC 2270). Please email Kali Kramolis at [email protected] to be added to a yoga listserv for weekly reminders.
Other WISE events
- Dogs on Call: Come get some puppy lovin’ from the therapy dogs at Dogs on Call! Wags and licks in the HSLC atrium on Thursday, December 8th from 12-1 pm (M1/M2 December exams).
- Cooking: Learn how to cook healthy and delicious meals from a professional chef / dietician at the American Center. Time and details TBD for later this fall. Stay tuned!
- Paint night: Enjoy an evening of stress-relieving art with your fellow classmates. Co-hosted by the Wheelhouse at Memorial Union and held at the HSLC. Time and date TBD.
Link to calendar here
This comprehensive calendar showcases the MANY ways you can have fun, relax, and enjoy Madison.The highlights are also posted to your class Facebook page weekly, so keep an eye out!
Free Mental Health Resources for Students:
Let’s Talk is an opportunity to meet with Travis Fox, Psy.D., a psychologist at UHS. These meetings are an informal, friendly, and confidential consultation. Speaking with a counselor consultant can help provide insight, solutions, and information about other resources. Common concerns include stress, sadness, worry, relationships, academic performance, family problems and financial struggles.
Weekly Drop-in Appointments: The Let’s Talk schedule is sent out from Travis via email periodically, though students can call 265-5600 opt. 2 to schedule an appointment at UHS, 333 East Campus Mall 7th Floor. If you feel you are in crisis you are encouraged to use Open Access at UHS, a walk-in service M-F 9am-4pm to speak with the on-call therapist. If it is after hours there is a 247 crisis line available at 265-5600 opt. 9 or call 911 or go to your local ER.
You can also schedule counseling appointments at UHS with Travis or Lia Warbasse, PhD, which can provide more in-depth and longitudinal therapy. Students can call 608-265-5600 opt. 2 to schedule an appointment at UHS, 333 East Campus Mall, 7th Floor. Identify yourself as a medical student and you will be scheduled with either provider depending on your schedule and any preferences you may have. Keep in mind – there is no cap on the number of counseling appointments you can have as a medical student.
**M3 and M4s can be excused from clinical duties for counseling appointments as with any other medical appointment and are not required to disclose the type of appointment.**
Contact: Travis Fox [email protected] or call 265-5600 opt. 2.
Meet the WISE Committee
- Cassidy Bommer: Cassidy is an M2 who enjoys kayaking and playing with her rescue pup. She manages WISEcracks. Email: [email protected]
- Leo Dreyfuss: Leo is an M2 who loves cooking and being outside. He organizes WISE mindfulness hour. Email: [email protected]
- Liz Hovel: Liz is an MPH/M2 dual degree student who loves travel and all things outdoors. She coordinates the Wellness Survey and WISE yoga with Kali. Email: [email protected]
- Danny Jones: Danny is an M2 who enjoys tennis, going up to the north woods to relax, and cooking for friends and family. He organizes the new cooking events we are excited above this fall! Email: [email protected]
- Kali Kramolis: Kali is an M2 who enjoys travel, being outside and snuggling with her cat, Mike. She coordinates WISE yoga and the annual Wellness Survey. Email: [email protected]
- Khanh-Hien Tran: Khanh-Hien is an M2 who loves being outdoors, preferably with a boba milk tea in hand. She organizes Paint Nights. Email: [email protected].
- Nick Thompson: Nick is an M2 who loves playing music and meditation. He manages the Wellness Lounge. Email: [email protected].
- Brittany Van Remortel: Brittany is a dual-degree student who is currently in her MPH year after completing M3 last year. She enjoys exercise of all kinds, being outside, salad (yes, salad) and kids! She coordinates the annual Wellness survey, student group fitness classes and mental health initiatives that can reach M1-M4s in any location. E-mail: [email protected].